Acupuncture has been used successfully to enhance fertility for thousands of year. The effectiveness of this treatment is so well established that many of the top fertility specialist in the country now have Acupuncturists on staff in their clinic. Acupuncture is an especially good avenue for fertility treatments in the following cases:
- Unexplained fertility: you doctor can’t find anything wrong, but you still aren’t getting pregnant.
- Patients who want to avoid drugs: Acupuncture is all natural.
- Patients who have been turned away from IVF or other conventional treatment options: you are more than just your lab tests and numbers.
- Patients who aren’t ovulating: Acupuncture is one of the few natural remedies for stimulating ovulation without side effects.
- Women who want to optimize their health before starting to conceive: Acupuncture can help get your body ready for a healthy pregnancy.
What to expect:
While western approaches to fertility focus on achieving pregnancy at any cost, Chinese Medicine believes in optimizing a woman’s health so that she can have the healthiest pregnancy and healthiest baby possible.
When we first start treatment together I will take a full health history and ask a lot of questions about your menstrual cycle. The timing and details of your gynecological health is of utmost importance in improving your fertility. For this reason, I will ask you to schedule appointments during certain phases of your cycle so that we can optimize the effects of the treatment.
For a while I will ask you to come in weekly until we start seeing changes in the regularity, timing or quality of your cycle. If a longer course of treatment is needed, we can usually move to monthly appointments once we have your diagnosis and treatment plan in place (usually after 1-2 months of treatment).
I am also certified in Chinese herbal medicine and use this modality in combination with the acupuncture to naturally improve your health and hormone levels.
How long will this take?
It is impossible to predict how long treatment may take, as each case is unique. But there are indications we can look for that will let us know we are making progress. These include improvements in the timing and regularity of your menstrual cycles, changes in your basal body temperature, increase in libido, cervical mucous and a decrease in PMS symptoms. If you are unsure whether the treatments are working, please discuss this with me during our sessions, because I have your health history and chart records, I can track small improvements that you may not have noticed.
I’m pregnant! Now what?
I love helping women have a comfortable, event-free pregnancy! When this happy day comes we will discuss your treatment options and figure out a good schedule for your needs.